Sunday, June 20, 2010

The Sweetest Things

Kids can say the darnest things, but today, our kids decided to say the sweetest things! First of all, Caleb has just become the little talker, and you never know what he is going to say next. However, he has become the most polite little thing ever! For example, he was trying to play with Abby Grace's stamps today, and she kept taking them away. She finally decided to give him one, and he said, "Tank you, Abby Grace," and it was just the sweetest thing! Then, he was at the pool yesterday, and a little boy started playing with the ball Caleb was playing with. He took it and threw it away. Caleb cried, saying, "Share!" He also says the same thing when Abby Grace takes toys from him. But it was tonight when he really melted my heart... I read him his 3 books as usual before bed, and he said, "Mommy, say prayers." Wow! We had just started praying with him over the last week, and he has seen Abby Grace say her prayers, but I didn't realize that it was important to him too yet! We've also been working on getting rid of the bottle, and it hasn't really been going the greatest. So I decided yesterday that "ba ba" was going to go "bye-bye!" He asked/cried for it a little, but I kept telling him that "ba ba" had gone bye-bye because Caleb is a big boy now and that we had given it to the babies. He actually seemed okay with that. He still asks for it, but for the time being, seems to be content with the sippy cup. We'll see!

Abby Grace has also been melting our hearts too, especially her daddy's tonight! He was putting her to bed and was about to leave the room, when she said, "Daddy, come here, I have one more thing I need to tell you... I love you, Daddy." What a great, unexpected father's day gift! She has also been saying "I love you, Mommy" to me just out of the blue, and it's just so sweet! Now realize, she can also get on our last nerve, especially when she is tired, but her sweetness definitely wins out! We've also been amazed at how much she is talking about Jesus and what she has learned from VBS last week. She really seems to be understanding much of the Christian faith and tells us that she already believes in Jesus.

Anyway, I just had to post about their cute comments and just say I feel trully blessed to have two wonderful children! Also, Happy Father's Day, Daddy! You're the greatest!

No comments: