Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Catching Up with Christmas

Okay, wow! It has been since September when I last posted anything! I guess we have had a few busy months! I think we have spent most of our fall traveling...Auburn football games, Callaway Gardens, San Antonio, Birmingham, Atlanta, and back to Birmingham again! I have so many pictures I want to post from some of those trips, so this January you may see some of those make an appearance.

Anyway, since we are working on getting the last Christmas decorations down, I'll focus on Christmas for now! I love Christmas so much--for all the obvious reasons but especially for the joy it brings our family, especially Abby Grace and Caleb. They were at the perfect age this past Christmas; I'll have to admit that the magic was at full force at our house. The kids loved the decorations, singing, playing with the nativity, seeing Santa, the lights... basically, anything Christmas, they loved it! My favorite moments had to be either the kids singing "Away in a Manger" or looking for Clifford (our elf on the shelf) every morning. As always, Christmas seems to come and go with a blink of an eye, so here we are already with a bare house, almost free of Christmas decorations, except for our Auburn tree (still up for obvious reasons...there's just a little game coming up) and our North Pole village (the kids love it so much, we haven't had the heart to take it down yet), and I am missing Christmas! So I'll reminisce and post some pictures from Christmas day...the kids were so excited to see if Santa had come, and he did in full force as usual! Abby Grace was excited to have an American Girl Doll and accessories, some Disney "prince" dolls, and Rudolph! Caleb loved his fireman jacket, car, legos, and baseball tee. Then we had our traditional "breakfast casserole" breakfast, opened presents from each other, and then hurried to dress and pack the car for Birmingham!















No comments: