Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Crazy Coupon-Saving Grocery Shopper Strikes Again

Okay, I admit it... I have become an obsessive coupon saving grocery shopper, especially since we have moved to Charleston. Why? 1. Because Brian has not been able to moonlight yet. 2. There are many grocery stores just minutes from me. 3. I have found that going to the grocery store is a good outing for both of my children. 4. We have a Harris Teeter! (They even give balloons to the kids)

I usually don't post about my shopping excursions, but my trip to Harris Teeter this past week was too good to be true! Harris Teeter is a grocery store similiar to Publix. However, they can have awesome deals too, and this week was TRIPLE COUPON week!!! So, my total was $28.45, which actually included stamps that cost $8.80 + a 50 cent fee. Thus, my total for all my other items was $19.15 ($68 worth of groceries)! I thought this was such a great deal that I had to take a picture to prove it!

Okay, so for $19.15, I was able to purchase a large bag of Doritos, Muellers penne, Muellers spaghetti, bananas (3), grapes (2.5 lbs), 3 Oscar Meyer lunchables, 2 Whitehouse applesauce 6 packs, Ziploc round containers, Ziploc square containers, Ziploc sandwich bags (100 count), Fiber One toaster pastries, French's mustard, 3 Chef Boyardee, Welches jelly, Lysol toilet bowl cleaner, 2 Lysol wipes containers, Edge shave gel, Skintimate shave gel, Betty Crocker cookie mix, Colgate toothpaste, Crest toothpaste, Land O Lakes butter, pimentos, Wacky Mac, etc! Now, that's what I call a good deal!

How did I do it? I have always clipped and saved coupons. So, when I saw it was triple coupon week (only coupons up to 99 cents could be tripled), I went through all of my coupons and the HT ad for BOGO deals, etc. Some of these products, I actually made money off of. For example, I bought the Welch's jelly for $2.00--my coupon was for 75 cents off, which was tripled. So I made 25 cents! Also, many of these items were BOGO, and I had coupons for them too. Anyway, I actually went back a second time before the week was over and bought $98 of groceries/supplies for $50 doing the same thing! Thus, I am a Harris Teeter Fan (Oh, and I still love Publix too--in case you don't know, they take competitors coupons, no matter what!) Happy Shopping!!!




(Even Caleb & Abby Grace are all grins from our grocery shopping!)

No comments: