Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Livin' in the Lowcountry Update

Well, we have been experiencing the "lowcountry" life now for well over a month, and it has been a journey. I am not sure if we really realized how much work it takes when you move, especially out of state. However, I think we are finally getting settled in--thank goodness! It made me a little sad when the DMV took away my AL driver's license and gave me my SC one. I guess it really made our move away from home official, and I do miss my sweet home, Alabama! I am just thinking of this as our little 3 year vacation! However, there are a lot of things we like about Charleston, and I just pray that it is a fun three years.
The kids are doing really well; in fact, they are doing better than I could ever have imagined. I really feel like the move has made Abby Grace grow up a lot. She has become much more independent, helpful, etc., and little Caleb, well, he could care less where he is as long as his little needs are taken care of and his mommy, daddy, and Abby Grace are there! I will have to say the past few days have been a little rough because he is having another one of those fun teething weeks! He has been running fever, waking up at night, not napping well, etc. He finally started acting like himself today, but as I type, I hear him starting to fuss again in his sleep! So I guess he has at least 5 teeth now, some of which are still making their way in. He still hasn't officially started crawling yet, which I am secretly glad. However, he manages to move around and can pull up pretty well. He's also at that stage of where he is trying to copy things, and I swear he is trying to say different words like uh-oh, da-da, ma-ma, etc., and his new trick is doing "touchdown Auburn" with his hands above his head.
We are all working on meeting new people. I have started a Bible study with wives of husbands who are in the medical profession (I also did this same type study back home too), and I have also joined a playgroup that is also set up the same way. The pictures below show Abby Grace and Caleb at the first playgroup, which was at the James Island County Park. The park was awesome, and in these pics, the kids are playing in the sprinkler part. They both thought it was great as you can see! This was actually about two weeks ago. Today, we went to another park on James Island; anyway, it has been a good way for us to get out and meet other people. Well, my Caleb is "calling" me, so I hope to post again soon with lots more pictures. I have gotten behind again!






No comments: